Why blog? The straightforward answer is that it’s speedy approach to speak with your congregation outside of the Saturday morning stage. Blogging can help spread important information to your group, retelling of the gospel, or basically a fun diary to create connections.
Not all Seventh Day Adventist churches need to produce videos. Not all Seventh Day Adventist churches need to podcast. Not all Seventh Day Adventist churches even need to be on social networks.
But your church must be blogging. And if you don’t, you’re really restricting your congregation’s capability to develop in numbers and in group.
WHAT IS BLOGGING?
From “web log.” A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is “blogging” and someone who keeps a blog is a “blogger.”Source
THE NUMBER 1 REASON TO BLOG IS TO INTRODUCE NEW PEOPLE TO YOUR CHURCH
When people consider visiting a new church for the first time they ask themselves several questions:
Will I belong here? Is there a place for my kids? What’s important to this church? What should I expect?
Blogging is a great tool to answer these questions.
Below, I’ve got 7 Seventh Day Adventist church blogging tips that you can use to help your church better connect with people through blogging.
1. Never forget that you’re writing to help your readers or to share your church’s message (or both). It’s about them, not you.
2. Use images to help pull the eye along and break up content.
3. Focus more on what you want your blog to do for the church and less on all the things you don’t want your blog to do. When you try to not do something, you end up doing it
4. Having a posting calendar and following that schedule will help you make a habit out of posting which, in turn, builds the discipline you’ll need when tempted to not write.
5. Be consistent…in schedule, in quality, in usefulness, in focus, in message.
6. Don’t be afraid to post very short items (
7. Try to convey in the title of your blog what its purpose is (don’t make people guess or figure it out by reading).
Listen to the podcast to get insight about Seventh Day Adventist Church Blogging, why consistency is necessary, and receive some easy homework.Tags: charles swindoll, church blogging, insight, power of blogging