The initial problem included a home page that was not mobile responsive, broken links on the website, confusing page layouts, lack of SEO throughout the website, and a high bounce rate. The high bounce rate was due to all of the previously mentioned problems. The web users were not finding the web property of any use.
The solution to the problems included a mobile web redesign. Before the redesign was tackled, all broken links, and confusing page layouts were addressed and new entry forms were created for internal use. The completion of these tasks saw a decrease in bounce rates and an increase in web traffic to the web property (analytics were studied weekly to follow improvement).
Amazing Result (5.15.15)
- There were 2,606 pageviews this week: A 15.36% increase over last week.
- Single page view visits have dropped 72.07%
- Similarly, the pages per session rose 26% to 5.0.
- The percentage of total pageviews from the top ten pages rose to 53% from the prior week.
- Organic search traffic was up to 192 sessions from 151 the previous week, and accounted for 50% of site traffic overall.
From Redesign to Release
The analysis we are most proud of is the following:
Mobile phone traffic was up 27% with 99 sessions, accounting for 26% of all traffic. The site's mobile phone and desktop user interactions were more in line than usual last week. Mobile phone users viewed more pages per session week-over-week (up to 4.9 from 3.3). Desktop users seemed to follow suit because pages per session were up to 5.5 from 4.0 a week before.